Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Osama bin Laden again

I go to 911blogger.com almost every day to check up on the latest 9/11 news. So a few weeks ago, when I read in the South Bend Tribune that yet another Osama bin Laden "audiotape" had surfaced, I then visited 911blogger to see what it had to say. What a surprise - the tape may not be authentic. In fact, it probably isn't. Huh. How about that? Are we beginning to see a pattern here?

I wrote a letter to the Tribune's Voice of the People section about this audiotape. Here is the text of my letter:

"The timing of the new “bin Laden audio tape” is very
interesting. Just when things couldn’t go too much
worse for this administration, with numerous scandals
and declining popular support, what could be better
than the paralyzing fear of Osama to remind Americans
yet again that they should just shut up, not ask
questions, and support the “war” in Iraq?

For a while there, Osama was supposedly dead, or near
death. But now he’s back. Hmmm. That's interesting,
too, because Bruce Lawrence, a bin Laden expert at
Duke University, believes that bin Laden is actually
dead, and that this "new message" was faked by the
CIA.

I guess bin Laden is sort of like Jason Voorhees, the
hockey-masked killer from the Friday the 13th movies.
You really can’t kill him. He has achieved mythic,
immortal status.

Alive or not, Bin Laden has become a fictitious
boogeyman, maintained and perpetuated by the CIA to
marginalize the Middle East and to strike fear into
Americans. Just in case we forget to be constantly
afraid, paranoid, hateful, and pro-war, there are two
things the neocons can say that will always help us
remember: “Osama bin Laden” and “9/11.”

Neither one works on me anymore."

I got a phone call from Terence Bland, one of the Tribune's editors shortly after submitting this letter. He wanted to verify my information, which they always do if they're thinking about printing a submission. I kept an eye out for my letter in the paper over the next few weeks, but it hasn't shown up yet. Then, I called Mr. Bland about a week ago, asking if he was still going to print it. At first he seemed interested, but I think the subject made him uncomfortable, and he abruptly ended the phone call.

So there we have it...another mainstream media pussy unable to cope with this issue. God knows what would happen if he read a letter about 9/11 truth.

On NPR today, Neil Conan was hosting a show about the Patriot Act. Every time someone mentioned 9/11, I wanted to reach into my radio, pull them out of the speaker, and shout in their face about 9/11 truth. They all spoke about 9/11 as if it really did happen just the way the government said it did. Hello? Are we all living in denial, or what? Any discussion of the Patriot Act, the Iraq "war," or anything else about what this administration does is basically meaningless without addressing 9/11 truth. It's as if these people are just talking inside their little bubbles, without thinking or caring about the larger context.

Why? Because it's too scaary to think about 9/11 truth...

I haven't posted to this blog for a long time...I guess I got tired of trying to pierce through the lies with nobody paying any attention. I'm gonna make another effort here, if only to vent my anger and frustration about the way things are going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home