Thursday, October 13, 2005

"Blow Out"

I just finsihed watching the movie Blow Out. I've seen it many times, but the ending always gets to me - John Travolta tries to save Nancy Allen from a homicidal maniac against the backdrop of the "Liberty Day" celebration in Philadelphia. The whole sequence is some kind of tragic poetry. Travolta's performance is outstanding.

Why do I bring this up? Blow Out is a brilliant movie, about a political conspiracy that John Travolta's character uncovers (by accident). He tries to expose it to the world, but he fails.

He has some great dialogue when he's talking to Nancy Allen's character:

"Nobody wants to know about conspiracy! I don't get it! Let me tell you something, all right? I know what I heard and what I saw, and I'm not gonna stop until everyone in this fuckin' country hears and sees the same thing. And you're gonna help me."

That's a good summation of what the 9/11 truth movement is trying to accomplish. I've heard and seen evidence that contradicts the official story, and I want other people to know about it. Why? Because if the people who got away with 9/11 can get away with what they did, what's next? Are we gonna let them get away with a nuclear attack on the U.S., so that this "terror war" can continue for the next 100 years?

God only knows what they're planning as a follow-up to 9/11. The fear-mongers use this uncertainty about "what's next" to make everyone afraid of "the terrorists" as they have defined them (fanatics from the Middle East). But our fear has been misdirected. We should be afraid of the real terrorist infrastructure that made 9/11 happen: elements of our own invisible government, rogue network, or whatever you want to call it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home