Monday, September 19, 2005

My email to Mr. Colwell

(sent on 9/12/05)

Dear Mr. Colwell,

I read your column on Sunday, September 11th. It
struck me as an appropriate article for most
Americans, who still believe the official story of the
terrorist attacks, which can be summarized as follows:
a crazy man living in a cave in Afghanistan
orchestrated the attacks, which were carried out by 19
hijackers with boxcutters. That explanation still
works for most Americans.

I'm sure that many people reading your column were
reminded of the anger they felt four years ago at the
perpetrators of the attacks. I was reminded of the
anger I felt, but I was also reminded of how naive I
was back then, only four years ago.

I have read a lot about September 11th, 2001 since
September 11th, 2001.

I wonder if you are at all aware of the growing
so-called "911 truth movement," which questions the
official story of that day's events. There are
several books and websites devoted to revealing
evidence of our own government's inaction (at best)
and possible complicity (at worst) in the attacks.

If you have not at least read through The New Pearl
Harbor by David Ray Griffin, I urge you to do so.
This is a very thoughtful and dispassionate critique
of the official story as told to us all by the media
and the 911 Commission. Another recent critique is
9/11 Revealed by Rowland Morgan and Ian Henshall. One
of the main websites is simply www.911truth.org.

Even more disturbing is a video called 911 In Plane
Site, which you can order from www.911inplanesite.com.
Despite its awful title and sensationalist tone,
there is deeply disturbing video evidence in this
production that seriously calls into quesion whether
Flight 77 really hit the Pentagon, whether the planes
that hit the towers were commercial or military, and
whether the twin towers collapsed because of the
impacts or because of controlled demolition charges.

I appreciate your criticism of the government's lack
of preparation for Hurricane Katrina and its dismal
homeland security efforts. But you have also
succeeded in simply whipping up your readers' emotions
with a Bin Laden retrospective that plays right into
the popular mythology surrounding September 11th.

As long as we all keep believing in this convenient
boogeyman, who may not even be alive anymore (did you
even know that?), we'll always have a justification
for prolonging our presence in Iraq or invading
another country. I think it's high time that
journalists start writing responsible articles about
what's really going on.

I hope you will consider researching 911 truth and
then writing about it for the Tribune. I'd also
appreicate a response to this email.

Sincerely,
Andy
Granger, IN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home